- For the MARGARITAS:
- 1½ ounces tequila
- ½ ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce strawberry hibiscus simple syrup
- 2-3 ounces Strawberry Hibiscus Clearly Kombucha
- crushed ice
- sliced strawberries for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- For the SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- For the VANILLA BEAN SALTY SUGAR:
- 2 tablespoons coarse margarita salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- Begin by making the simple syrup. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Once boiling, add the sugar and hibiscus flowers and continue to boil for about 30 seconds, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Once syrup has cooled, strain or remove flowers and discard. Add the syrup to a blender with the sliced strawberries and purée until smooth.
- To make the salty sugar, stir together the sugar, salt, and vanilla bean seeds. I like to massage the mixture using my fingers, to really make sure the vanilla bean seeds are infused and combined thoroughly.
- To make the cocktail, moisten the edge of your glass with a lime wedge and rim in the salty sugar. Fill with crushed ice. Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Add the tequila, Grand Marnier, lime juice, and strawberry hibiscus simple syrup. Shake for 30 seconds and then pour into glass. Top with 2-3 ounces of the kombucha and stir. Garnish with a lime wedge, extra sliced strawberries, and hibiscus flowers!
Sign Up To Hear The Latest
Join our free email list to get occasional updates about Clearly Kombucha!