- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a jalapeño, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped plus 1 tsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 a russet potato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk + another 1/2 cup reserved (we recommend The New Barn brand, unsweetened)
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs juice from a lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Slice the onions, garlic, jalapeño, and potato, and canned chipotle, keeping each ingredient separate on your cutting board.
- Combine both oils in a frying pan and turn the heat up to medium.
- If your cashews are raw, not roasted, put them in another frying pan on medium-low, stirring for about 10 minutes, until they are starting to brown slightly.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic, and jalapeño, cooking until soft, approx. 4 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika, garlic powder and chipotle with sauce and stir. Cook for about a minute.
- Add the potatoes and cashews and stir until everything is well-mixed and softening, approx. 2 minutes.
- Add the water, 1 cup of the almond milk, and nutritional yeast and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and carefully use a spatula to transfer everything to a high-powered blender (we recommend a Vitamix).
- Blend on medium, stopping to scrape the sides, and then continue to blend.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup almond milk, lemon juice, salt and turmeric and blend again.
- Voila! Enjoy!
- (Tip: to assemble an impressive spread, we recommend arranging snacks in an ombre arrangement. Plate veggies such as cherry tomatoes, carrots, or bell peppers, alongside clementines on a platter. We recommend roasting sweet potatoes (purple and orange) and placing tortilla chips on the platter for nacho dipping. We're also loving Cocoburg's coconut jerky and think it makes a great vegan Super bowl snack and we put those on our platter!)
Sign Up To Hear The Latest
Join our free email list to get occasional updates about Clearly Kombucha!