- 7 oz. flour
- 3.5 oz. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 oz. roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 oz. raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roughly chop the almonds.
- In a small bowl combine 2 egg yolks and 1.5 egg whites (leave approx. half of one egg white for coating). Add vanilla extract into the bowl and whisk everything together with a fork.
- In a bowl of stand mixed fitted with a paddle attachment add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir dry ingredients. Pour whisked egg mixture to the bowl and stir on a medium speed until dough just comes together. Add chopped almonds and raisins to the bowl and stir once again (or distribute them evenly with your hands).
- Transfer the dough to the slightly floured surface. Divide it into equal parts and shape two long logs, approx. 4 cm in width. Place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough space in between. Slightly beat the remaining egg white and coat the logs with them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes our dry and clean. Once the logs are ready, remove the sheet from the oven and let them cool for a bit. Try to not eat them immediately, even though it's hard to resist the smell :)
- Using a serrated knife cut logs into slices diagonally. Arrange cookies on the sheet and bake them for another 10-15 minutes. Transfer biscotti to the rack and let them cool completely.
- Enjoy with a bottle of Clearly Kombucha!
Sign Up To Hear The Latest
Join our free email list to get occasional updates about Clearly Kombucha!