< See all job listings
The position of the Head Brewer is a full-time, salaried position that represents a multi-skilled brewing position responsible for the production of Clearly Kombucha. The qualified employee must possess a minimum of the following listed skills, knowledge and experience. The functions of this role will be performed under little or no supervision and will report directly to the President and CEO of the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and be able to work in a stressful, fast paced start up environment.
- Ability to accurately follow SOP’s and understanding of the kombucha fermentation and brewing processes.
- Understanding of Brewing, Bottling, and Filtration processes along with an understanding of CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques.
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: CIP, brewing kombucha, fermentation monitoring, filtration, bottling, production, and raw materials ordering
- Operate both manual and computer automated equipment while maintaining quality standards.
- Operate forklifts and other operating equipment as trained and directed.
- Monitoring of individual batches and fermentation of individual tanks of kombucha, records batch performance and raw material quality and performance.
- Comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintaining adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of brewing equipment.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Fermentation Science, Biology or similar science-based degree program preferred (OR) graduation from an accredited School of Brewing and completion of a high school diploma.
- Similar job or work history with minimum 1-2 years’ experience. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of all areas of brewing science and of general production metrics of success.
- Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word.
- Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience as either an Assistant Brewer or as a Brewer in a similar sized or larger brewery with 3-5 years’ experience. Experience in kombucha brewing is preferred.