Brewing Production Manager
< See all job listings
The position of the Production Manager is a full-time position, responsible for the production and coordination of the entire brewing process of Clearly Kombucha. The qualified employee must possess a minimum of the following listed skills, knowledge and experience. The functions of this role will sometimes be performed under little or no supervision, must manage staff, schedule production runs, ensure raw materials are available and make sure the brewery equipment is working correctly. This role will report directly to the Director of Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Thorough understanding of beverage production processes, ingredients and fermentation science with some brewing experience, to be able to supervise the brewing process from start to finish.
- Integrates knowledge of ingredients and process interactions to develop effective technical solutions in creating new beverages.
- Experience operating a carbonated beverage packing line (beer, soda, sparkling water, etc.).
- Ability to accurately follow SOP’s and make improvements where necessary.
- Experience executing production against a sales forecast. Executing production includes raw materials purchases, production planning, and hiring temp personnel as needed to operate the packaging line.
- A thorough understanding of cleaning and sanitizing techniques. Experience with both CIP and manual tank cleaning.
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: cleaning & sanitizing, brewing tea, monitoring fermentation, filtration, bottling, case packing, raw materials purchases, and forecasting.
- Operate both manual and semi-automated equipment while maintaining high quality standards.
- Operate forklifts and other operating equipment as needed.
- Comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintaining adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of brewing equipment.
- Assist QA manager with material suppliers for both inbound (raw materials) and outbound (finished cases) logistics.
- Ensure occupational health and safety standards.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Completion of a 4-year college degree in food production, food science, brewing science chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, business engineering or other related disciplines
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- 5-10 years of food & beverage manufacturing experience, especially managing a brewery production line.
- Preferably, candidate has managerial experience in a 20,000+ BBL micro-brewery.